Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Disneyland!

Well, we finally did it. We took our trip to Disneyland. We've been putting it off for a while now, and didn't actually think we'd get to do it for another couple of years, but the stars aligned and a miracle was made! Some friends of ours were in town from Utah spending a weekend at the park. We really wanted to be able to visit with them while they were down so we checked our calendar. Turns out it was the only Saturday in April that was still yet unplanned (mind you it was 5 days away). We had just gotten our tax return back AND we were both in good health... like I said... the stars were aligned! So we threw together some plans and made it happen. That's just how we roll in the Warren family!
I hadn't been to Disneyland in about 6 years, and for Danny it had been even longer. I've always been more of a roller coaster kind of girl, so Disney was never the most exciting place for me. However, since I've become so "aged" and don't hold my stomach as well as I did when I was younger, the concept of a more relaxed experience was really exciting for me. Plus, I am always pumped to see fireworks up close and personal.
I was quite surprised (and appreciative) at how many "calm" rides are at Disneyland. I was also surprised to realize (now that I'm older and can realize this) how many rides consist merely of singing animatronics. Think of it: Small World, Pirates, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, etc. With everything they can do in movies, is there really not a better way to make a ride seem real? Maybe all the magic of being a child has completely left me, but I thought it was pretty ridiculous. I had a great time though, despite all of this, and again was really glad I could sit and watch these furry robots sing, instead of getting my guts thrown about and forced out of my stomach.
We really did have fun that day. And it goes to show that you can find adventure in anything you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment