Sunday, March 25, 2012

Yummies!

I made these homemade oreo cookies the other night. Danny was out doing church meetings and I really wanted to do some easy baking. You have NO idea how thrilled he was when he came home to hot fresh cookies waiting for him. It made me happy too. They are super easy, and are really yummy with or without the frosting in the center. I got the recipe from Danny's family actually. It's a family favorite there, so I get brownie points for continuing it at our house :) Find the recipe below!


Homemade Oreo's

1 box Devil Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
2/3 cup shortening (Crisco)

Mix eggs and shortening together on low speed
Add half of cake mix, mix until creamy
Add second half of cake mix, mix until creamy
Roll into 1 inch balls

Bake at 300 degrees for about 10 mins (don't over bake or they won't be as soft)

Once cooled, spread with cream cheese frosting and top with another cookie

=YUMMY!

PS: Make sure you have lots of cold milk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment