
Kylie Daniella Warren was born on July 19, 2013 at 7:11pm at Scripps Encinitas. She weighed in at 7 pounds 12 ounces and was happy and healthy! It was such an amazing experience having her brought to my chest as soon as she was delivered. I was so overwhelmed with emotions I remember just balling my eyes out. I'm pretty sure most of it was pure joy, but I think there was a little shock mixed in there as well. It honestly took me for the first 3-4 months for it to really sink in that I had a daughter, and she actually belonged to me.
Danny was a great support to me the whole way through. Most Mom's talk about how difficult their pregnancy or delivery were. My hardest part was recovery. Danny was wonderful and changed every diaper while we were in the hospital, since I could barely move to get out of bed. We were so blessed that Danny was able to take two whole weeks off of work to stay home and take care of us, as well as work on the enormous adjustment we were going through as a family.
Those first two weeks, and the next couple of months were a HUGE learning curve for us both. Though Kylie wasn't small for a newborn, she still seemed so fragile and tiny and we barely knew what to do with her. We had fun figuring it out together though. I'm pretty sure those first two weeks were full of feedings, diapers, and naps for us all. She being our first child, however, makes it difficult for us to see anything she does as anything but adorable. Each noise, grunt, fart, blowout, scream, crazy look, you name it. We love to just stare and say "awww". She's grown so much over the past 5 months! We love her more and more every day.
About a month ago we found out that she likely has a milk protein intolerance and so, since I'm still breastfeeding, I've completely cut out all kinds of dairy and anything with the milk protein in it (which we've realized it quite a lot). Downside: I'm a huge fan of all things dairy, so I've had to cut out a lot of some of my favorite foods. Upside: I've lost a lot of weight so far! The biggest upside of course is that my sweet baby seems to be doing much better. Most babies grow out of this kind of intolerance, so we can try to reintroduce it in a year or two and see how her body reacts.
Overall, Kylie is a very relaxed and enjoyable little girl. Being home all day together allows us to have a lot of fun, and now that she's older I can see some of her personality shining through. Currently, she's in the stage of not being super comfortable with strangers and she definitely acts different than when it's just us at home together. Even both sets of grandparents aren't on the "cool" list quite yet. We'll just have to practice more. She is babbling, drooling a lot, sucking her thumb, rolling from her back to her stomach and then sprawls out like an upside-down turtle. She has the strength to hold herself up on her stomach, I just don't think she realizes that's what she's supposed to do. She loves when Daddy comes home. She loves to laugh. And she brings us so much joy it's borderline ridiculous. I've added a bunch of more pictures of the last few months in an effort to catch up. Yes, she's our little chunker and we love every fat piece of her!



















No comments:
Post a Comment